7 powerful reasons to live when it's impossible to go on

(Justin Brown) #1

Read the full article here: https://ideapod.com/reason-to-live/

One way or another, many of us dedicate our lives to something other than our own self-interest. It might be a spouse, a child, a career or anything else; whatever it might be, it’s the thing that makes you get up in the morning, fight off the sleep and start a new day. It’s your…

What were you doing when you last lost track of the time?
6 reasons why suffering is so important
(paul pellico) #2

This reminds me of a darker moment in my life, of which there are far to many to recall. In fact, I tell people IF there is a hell, it would be me duct taped to a chair and having to watch every horrible, selfish, mean, ugly thing I did in my life on a tape loop.
But this moment was more recent. I had just left my suffering boy’s hospital room and I was leaning against the wall of an elevator when another elderly couple walked in. Seeing me crying, the nice lady asked me why. I explained Jeffrey’s sarcoma. She uttered a soft cry and said…From Our Lips To God’s Ear.
I looked at her and said…don’t you dare! Never let HIM know we are here or what we are doing! This ENTIRE building, everyone in it, is trying to defeat HIS plan!
The poor lady and her husband were shocked, hurt and it was wrong of me. People need to use whatever they have, even if it means lying to themselves with a santa clause hero and story of a front row seat in utopia.

But I guess what I want to say is…you have no option but to carry on. Every cell in your body is fighting to follow the survival code. If the suffering is so great, then I suppose you have a call to make. But survival comes from responsibility. If I were to end my story, I would be cheating myself, every small part that is working to have the next moment and every other person who depends upon me, who finds laughter in my gallows humor.

Don’t be in a rush to join Henry V111 and the history books.