About Ideapod, please. Anyone?

(Bill Ames) #1

I wanted to find something to send to a few friends around the world that would get them interested in Ideapod. I thought that it would be as simple as copying a paragraph or two from the Ideapod About page.

No, that will not work. I looked around the internet a bit to see what someone else thought Ideapod was about and I found this:

More to the point and no images, that is good, but it would require me to edit out a lot of stuff. I do not want to write a proper About box or page for Ideapod, if they are going to be successful they must be able to do that themselves.

Perhaps I am thinking of an elevator pitch? Here is something about that:

So this feedback is to ask for a few paragraphs about Ideapod that I can use to sell it to some friends around the world. Any ideas?

(Justin Brown) #2

I’m re-writing this and a new about page is going to be online in the next few days.

(Chris Lagos) #3

Ideapod is a speakeasy for the curious to listen, speak, engage in concert with a spectrum of viewpoints on subjects wide ranging and possibly new to you.

(Justin Brown) #4

Thanks for sharing this @Csmith. If anyone else would like to contribute their perspectives on “what is Ideapod” that would be really useful!

(ACD) #6

Ideapod aspires to be the go-to place for thinkers who seek like-minded conversants.

(ACD) #7

Please recall that feedback was solicited.

(Bill Ames) #8

Here is something they are. I found this on their main page:

The filter bubble is “a situation in which an Internet user encounters only information and opinions that conform to and reinforce their own beliefs, caused by algorithms that personalize an individual’s online experience.”

So, how would I test this? I would have the Pope do some searching to see what kinds of responses the bubble buster would return. I would have some Nobel laureates do some searching on their specialty. Will the bubble buster help the Pope to find a different savior? The Nobel laureate to give back the prize because they were wrong? If this had been available to the Australians during WWII would they have been motivated to change sides? Why is it desirable to expose good people to evil ideas? I do not understand. Good people probably do seek to have their beliefs confirmed. If I am teaching children how to behave, what is right and wrong, do we want them exposed to other beliefs?

If someone is searching on the evil of the holocaust what is the bubble buster going to return? This will not end well, IMO.