Comparing yourself to others

“When you do not seek or need approval, you are at your most powerful,” Caroline Myss​ said.

I’ve always found this extraordinarily difficult. The expectations of other people have constantly weighed me down.

At some point, we all need to embrace the reality that the only opinion that matters is your own. It doesn’t mean becoming selfish or egoistic. We still need to help people around us.

But other people’s opinions shouldn’t bring you down.

The words by Osho below helped me to see how important this is. Also check out some of our other related articles below.

Here are some related articles that touch on this subject:

What do you think? To what extent has living your life based on the opinions of others shaped who you are today?

I would love to get your input into this discussion. I’ll be creating an article soon on this subject and will incorporate the conversation we have here.

By the way, today I’m sharing these thoughts via our daily newsletter. If you want to receive these daily emails, subscribe here:

https://ideapod.com/daily-newsletter/

To a lesser extent, I must say I have lived on the opinions of others. I mean these are their opinions not mine!!!
It’s okay to be dependant, but greatly nourishing when we learn the art and skill of Independence. Independence generates a whole sense of personal growth and responsibility free from stress and anxiety in attempts to please those we tend to depend on .

“A” people pleaser on average are the most frustrated with mambo jumbled emotions and feelings because every time there is an ongoing battle unseen to self yet against self. What a dilemma!!!. Therefore, am me. Uniquely created, other people’s opinions are well assessed before I confirm them as opinions to me.

Thanks for sharing this @Redeemer!

Being a people pleaser certainly results in these kinds of emotions and feelings.

I felt a lot of passion while writing this article about the subject: