David Attenborough: It’s time we humans came to our senses

From the plastic age, to the tripling of our population and the destruction of the natural world, David Attenborough has seen it all, and issues a call to arms.

You need to subscribe to New Scientist to read their articles. BBC has an interesting item about this author.

Yes, humanity needs to address the needs of the planet. Here is my question. Of the 8 billion or so people on the earth, how many have the physical, emotional and mental resources to add to their day to day life the things they need to do if they are going to address the needs of the planet? This needs to consider how they know what they need to do and can do their part. In this world, we have people who travel everywhere spreading their religious and political beliefs. I am not aware of people who do the same in the name of the planet. Most religious or political messengers promise benefits if people believe. A messenger of planet health will be asking the people to give up their ways for future generations. These people barely think about tomorrow and a hundred years in the future is incomprehensible. I respect the ideas of this article, but we need to be building a process by which to achieve a better planet with the help of everyone participating. I do not see any possible way for that to happen for another 500 years.

First of all, we will not reach another 500 years. The world will come to an end, whether you like it or not. Everything written in the Revelations will happen. Whether you believe it or not. Nobody can escape the Armageddon. Not even atheists, agnostics or whatever political or religious orientation you have.

We? You have a mouse in your pocket?

You should publish a book so everyone can make plans.