Declaration of Independence

(ACD) #1

Continuing the discussion from Declaration of Digital Independence:

"As Albert Camus, a French philosopher and author said, ‘The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.’ ”

"With constitutional limits on the US government’s power disregarded, Paul laments, ‘we have witnessed the massive build-up of a virtual army of armed regulators prowling the states where they have no legal authority.’ "

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/peace-and-prosperity/2019/july/05/to-reduce-fear-of-police-eliminate-laws-empowering-police-to-abuse-people/

(Bill Ames) #2

Much of the problems identified appear to revolve around taxes. Replace them with a different means of paying for society.

All the rest just show how much of life is a game. Play or observe, there is pleasure for both. There are better ways but it will take time to implement them.

(ACD) #3

I would say that taxes are a symptom rather than a cause.

(Bill Ames) #4

Yes part of the world would be better off with out taxes. Please show me an example of a successful society that did not have taxes.

(ACD) #5

Perhaps, as Jesus said, they are a necessary evil.

(Bill Ames) #6

Agree. Death, taxes, and we have the internet on which to discuss.

(ACD) #7

“… our runaway infatuation with the sleek toys produced by the likes of Apple and Samsung – allied to our apparently insatiable appetite for Facebook, Google and other companies that provide us with ‘free’ services in exchange for the intimate details of our daily lives – might well turn out to be as powerful a narcotic as soma was for the inhabitants of Brave New World.”

(ACD) #8

“I owe a lot to cable news… Time to turn the TV off now—mute the animatronic moving mouths of the opinionators. Cable news overpoliticizes us—at least, it overpoliticizes me. It turns me into somebody I don’t recognize: a frowny, beard-plucking, wave-whitened, despair-darkened ancient mariner.”

https://www.cjr.org/special_report/my-brain-on-cable-new.php