Do personality traits nowadays decide your character in society?

consciousness

(Strengths Theatre) #1

Not a counselor, not your parents, neither your teachers – No one is enabled to make the best career choice for you besides yourself. The career professionals have always believed that skills, interests, and values are the biggest deciding factors while making a career choice. However, we must understand that all three of them are variable with time and the stage of life you are in. For instance, you may enjoy listening to music but it certainly doesn’t make DJ-ing a suitable career option for you. If not the ‘big three’, then what is the right parameter to find the most fulfilling career for you?
Enter…Personality traits! All of us are born with unique personality traits that ultimately decide what kind of personality type we will be. The personality types have existed for fifty years or so. They aren’t some new pop-psychology fad that’ll complicate the career-related decision-making process for you. Instead, personality types help in identifying which ones of your personality traits match with the career choice you’re about to make. You’d be surprised to know that 89% of the Fortune 100 Companies use personality types to help their employees be more productive and content with their careers.
Why should you match your personality traits with career choice?
Choosing a career option based on your personality type is the best practice. Firstly, unlike your interests, skills, and values; personality traits never change but they can be developed with right personality development training. Secondly, when your career choice is aligned with your personality type, you tend to be more productive, satisfied and successful. The personality characteristics of an individual seldom change with age and maturity levels. Right from your core needs to how you act and think, what is important to you, what’s your biggest motivator and especially the inborn talents – All of these aspects of your personality remain constant forever. For example, A chirpy, bubbly ballet dance lover 12-year-old baby girl will likely grow up to become a successful dancer or entertainer than a science teacher.
So, personality traits act as early indicators of the best career choice for you. When you pursue a career that compliments your personality type, you’re likely to be more satisfied, happy and excited about your job. Basically, the right job sets you in motion keeps your energetic and on your toes throughout which ultimately results in a successful future. However, a mismatched job can demotivate you, drain your energy and make you vulnerable to burn out. With the best kind of personality development training, you can identify your true traits and use the knowledge to choose a suitable career path for you.
In all honesty, you are expected to decide your career paths in the tender teenage. All the decisions at this age are likely to be based on what your parents, teachers or friends think of YOU. In most likeliness, you would choose a career option that interests you or is based on your educational qualifications or your peers are inclined to. But how do you know it is ‘The’ career path for you? Well, you make a choice. Weigh two career options and see which one appeals you more than the other. For example: Are you inclined towards helping people and their feelings like a Psychiatrist or fix water pipes and drainage plants like a Plumber? The answer to this question will help in identifying your true calling.
However, you can always enroll for personality development training to become self-aware and polish your personality traits to get job-ready. Before stepping into the corporate world, it is essential to identify your signature strengths or soft skills like friendliness, kindness, temper-control and communication skills that can act provide you with a competitive edge in the workplace. With personality development training, you learn to play your strengths, become resourceful, deal with a crisis, build fulfilling relationships and ultimately become a successful professional.

(Bill Ames) #2

It worked for me, I was never a social type so getting in to testing, first hardware then software allowed me to make a living finding problems caused by other members on the team. Since the total number of defects is never known there was no way to measure my efficiency and since the product developers were human they always made enough defects to make me look productive. I was able to work alone most of the time so that worked for me. My personality was always asking questions, of people, hardware and software and I represented not only the company but the product’s user. That was easy as I have always been a fussy customer. To answer your question, a resounding, “YES!”

At least for me.

(Mel Saint) #3

Yup it only makes sense that a salesman must be an extrovert or else he will fail to make a sale. Or for an accountant to be an introvert so that he could withstand the silence and monotony of his work.