How Ideapod gave me something to think about

(Bill Ames) #1

A link to the article follows I copied it from the email if a better link is possible it should be substituted.

6 warning signs you’re not as creative as you think you are

I received an email suggesting I look into an article about “6 warning signs you are not as creative as you think you are.”

Now, I genuinely believe I am very creative, so I read the article. I found it very useful in stirring my creativity, as you will soon see.

1. You don’t have a problem with authority

Me: I do all I can to avoid any contact with any jurisdiction. I have done this all my life. I had seen only bad things happen when the administration was involved. Authority, the landlord, military service, traffic laws, paying taxes. I learned as a child to not rock the boat, make yourself as invisible as you can. A circumstance that helped me live in a world of my creation. My imagination helped.

1. You are starting to behave like others around you

Me: Finding others who share my world view is very difficult. Even at my work, I was always left alone, my managers were still pleased with my work that was often very creative, and they left me to myself as they often did not understand what my work responsibility was.

1. You can’t remember the last time you daydreamed

Me: Well, if we include my dreams at night, I am always engaged in a world of my creation. Now and then I see on the science websites something new, the world is catching up to me. However, I use the latest bits as seeds for more ideas.

1. You avoid stress like the plague

Me: Yes, I have seen stress kill people; it is not healthy.

From the web: “High levels of cortisol can wear down the brain’s ability to function properly. … Stress can kill brain cells and even reduce the size of the brain . Chronic stress has a shrinking effect on the prefrontal cortex, the area of the brain responsible for memory and learning.”

1. You don’t like disagreements

Me: Usually, when I argue, I usually quickly understand the other person, a child or adult, is not intellectually able to understand the point of our discussion. Trying to bring them up to my standards is like trying to mentor my cat. Some progress, but the cat always wins. I do not argue, and I present the facts, they can speak for themselves.

1. You don’t handle rejection very well

Me: I think I agree with this. When the cat wants to be fed, and I am very busy at the computer, my words of “just a minute” are quickly rejected, and she is sitting between me and the keyboard. Usually, in this world, the real one, most people deny that which they do not understand. Many people ignored the use of seatbelts, helmets with their motorcycle, vaccinations, don’t drink the water advice, all things like this made me very unhappy with the act of rejection. People can reject my words at their peril; I seldom repeat myself.