If you could bring one aspect of your current life to your next life, what would you bring?

I’d like to start a discussion on “who you are”.

One time I was walking along with @Ruda with a small group of people and he asked us:

If you were going to die and you knew you could be reborn again with one aspect of your life in your next life, what would you choose to bring?

(Note: He worded it better than I can recall! That’s my version of it :slight_smile: )

So I’m curious. If you could bring one thing, one aspect of your identity, one key relationships… whatever it may be, would is it that you would bring with you to your next lifetime?

If you don’t believe in future lives, don’t worry, neither do I. It’s just a thought experiment.

I did not discover my creativity until very late in my life so in a future “me”, my creativity from now “me.” I believe the world gains the most from its creative passengers.

Ha! I’d bring a device so I could tune into #my_ideapod to maybe get a #senseof what the meta is for, how the heck I got here and what that future might hold forth.

Don’t we actually do this everyday? Wake up in the future, call it now and then leave it for yesterday.

I would like to point out, speaking from experience, a future me invented a Time Machine and using it to hide in the past from the “clueless” of that time I established the then “me” that was reborn in the current “me” of this post. I am glad for the opportunity to explain more about myself, thank you for asking. :thinking:

I love modern philosophy n I love to discover myself. even I like to research human psychology.

@justinbrown That’s an interesting one :slight_smile: I believe that your future lives would carry the “burden” of your current one or past ones. Your soul chose what to experience here in our world and chose the lessons to be learned. If you don’t realise and work on the things that you should do then similar circumstances/people/events will occur in your future lives. I’m sure this could be explained more accurately, but I believe this is the essence of karma and rebirth. That being said, perhaps the most important aspect in my current live is kindness. I would like to bring kindness on my future lives so that whatever I need to work on, I would without harming living beings including myself.

I’d bring my imagination, definitely. And I suppose I’d land in a future where imagination is a thing that gets better as we age, rather than set aside with childhood.

I would choose to keep my sense of wonder.

It’s such an interesting question to reflect on, and helps one to realize the qualities they already have that they are very grateful for.

Yes, excellent and compelling question.
Makes you wonder what could happen with a project like, say, ask yourself 15 questions, document them.
Hmm… Going to write some.

I am writing these questions all the time, a necessary task for my screen play and the answers are evolving. It is not easy being my characters.

The wisdom I have acquired, sometimes at a price. I think that Woody Allen was right when he said that life should be lived backwards: start with death so we have that out of the way and then grow younger through the different stages in life, with the wisdom acquired that goes with age… end up with an orgasm… whatdyathink? :slight_smile:

@Karin that’s such a nice way of looking at life! We can complicate things so much, but often the comedians have such wonderful ways of looking at things.

Here’s a few other quotes by Woody Allen I just found:

Eighty percent of success is showing up.

It’s not that I’m afraid to die, I just don’t want to be there when it happens.

If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.

If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.

The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic.

Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.

I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it’s all over much too soon.

Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable.

Hey, don’t knock masturbation. It’s sex with someone I love.

Woody Allen had some great one-liners! He said in one film: “she had lips that looked like they could suck chrome from a fender…” (or something close…). I can’t find the quote anywhere, but it stuck in my mind - naughty sense of humour :wink:
comedians are often more complex people than we think. Many of the ones I know are highly intelligent, but also bi-polar (not saying W. Allen is…) which is difficult to live with… although creativity doesn’t usually come from living mundane lives…

Not does creativity always come from having a “stable mind”.

I’m good friends with an amazing video creator. He is basically a spoken word poet. He tells me that he’s sometimes scared of resolving his deeper anxieties because he feels that his anxiety is what fuels his creativity.

Yes, I know several people who don’t take medication because it deadens the creative parts of their lives, although the pills would probably help alleviate them from their “demons”. It’s a choice they make. It’s also an addiction: creativity is part genius and part “insanity” (for want of a better word). Once you have felt that side of life, the other side becomes dull…

Hi, I am a creative mind, what can you do for me?

I like that very much. Then again how is life lived that is not that way ? We navigate relative to where we were.

Can future events affect the past ? I think yes.