I'm 38 and happy being single. Here's why

(Justin Brown) #1

Read the full article here: https://ideapod.com/being-single/

I’m 38 years old, still single, and have been single—apart from a few brief interludes—for most of my adult life. Yet, as an adult who chooses to be single—and is enjoying being single—I feel constant pressure to justify my choice. Pressure comes from first or second dates when discussion inevitably shifts into a cross-examination about…

(Marie Viant) #2

Great article Justin, I so much relate to this! I was married at 23 and divorced at 32. It took me a long time to understand that I could learn from this and look inward in the search of my needs and inspiration instead of feeling like a failure. External pressure from friends and family who only want the best for you is strong. First question I will get from friends I have not seen for a while will be: “have you met someone?”. I must admit it still triggers the negative feeling and thoughts for a short time but I am also happy to have the freedom of my own choice and personal fulfillment. Thanks for everything you do.

(system) #3

(Justin Brown) #4

Thanks for the feedback, @Marie. I get the same question from people all the time. Glad to know the article resonated with you.