Is Minimalism the Cure?

(Mel Saint) #1

There’s a growing trend for Minimalism nowadays as a reaction against rampant Consumerism. Well, I do not subscribe to the belief that Minamalism can cure life’s void as well. I personally enjoy shopping be it online or in the mall. What would you do with the money you’ve earned if you’re not gonna spend it anyway? I like Minimalist Zen type Japanese aesthetics but I also love to shop, be it Pre-Order, New Arrival or Sale. I feel like what the hell are you going to do for the rest of the day, if you ain’t gonna shop? I will use Minimalism for interior design aesthetics but I will shop till I drop because I enjoy doing it and I don’t see anything else to do with my life.

(Bill Ames) #2

It is a cure for a horrible problem. After my Lori passed I had to retire to Florida and was tasked with removing over 40 years of “stuff”. I gave a lot away, filled 7 dumpsters and took a small amount with me. If I had to do it all over again I would have never allowed myself to collect so much. Please, do not buy that stuff! Your life will be much better.