Noocracy: where do we go from here?

(Bill Ames) #21

No, that was Deep Space 9

(Bob Copeland) #22

So what was Babylon 5??? People living on a space station?? I thought my initial guess was wrong. If my second guess is correct, my brain doesn’t bring on any images.

(Bill Ames) #23

A representative of the Great Maker, perhaps.

(Bob Copeland) #24

Unfortunately I missed it!!! The great maker has to appear in an anthropological form so we can recognize him, her, it. The latest thinking is that we’re a holographic projection similar to the matrix. After all, our artificial intelligence mussing around will probably create a conscious individual individual based on silicon chips. Someday, a machine will be calling you & I “dad” since it is looking for its’ creator toooo!!!

(Mel Saint) #25

Cosmology was once rooted in Theology. Until Cosmology became a religion of its own and its sole purpose now is to disprove God. Imagine creating an AI Robot, and trying to disprove the existence of human beings who created them in the 1st place. The question of God should be moot and academic. More important questions should be about finding the dark matter, dark energy because it has possible implications on how we can harness new sources of energy. The astronomers have confirmed that the universe is expanding. So we are already reaching a point of destruction. And then we can reconcile that we the Biblical prophecies in Revelation that we are in end times. So the sky, the moon, the stars, the sun will literally fall. End is near, my friends. It doesn’t matter whether you’re atheist or a believer, end is coming to everyone.

(Bob Copeland) #26

[quote=“saintmel45, post:25, topic:1688, full:true”]
Cosmology was once rooted in Theology. Until Cosmology became a religion of its own and its sole purpose now is to disprove God. Imagine creating an AI Robot, and trying to disprove the existence of human beings who created them in the 1st place. The question of God should be moot and academic. More important questions should be about finding the dark matter, dark energy because it has possible implications on how we can harness new sources of energy. The astronomers have confirmed that the universe is expanding. So we I agree with your comments in principle. As we live in space which is composed of limits such as the speed of light, it’s just a matter of clock time (t) until everything comes to an end. The basic thinking is space is expanding at an increasing velocity & eventually we will be in a void where there’s nothing to see out there except darkness. Right now, we’re involved with climate change which is a natural cycle of the earth. I know some people say it isn’t happening but denial is part of our psyche. If Trump thinks he is having trouble with migration, economic, social or otherwise just wait until extreme heat & rising water levels force people to migrate. Anyway, it’s fun to discuss things on Ideapod in the meantime as we all go down the old tube to oblivion!!! Personally, I hate to think of all the things I’ve done to help others, tried to do the right thing & now find out it was a complete waste of time since there isn’t any afterlife!!!

(Bob Copeland) #27

I agree with your comments in principle. As we live in space which is composed of limits such as the speed of light, it’s just a matter of clock time (t) until everything comes to an end. The basic thinking is space is expanding at an increasing velocity & eventually we will be in a void where there’s nothing to see out there except darkness. Right now, we’re involved with climate change which is a natural cycle of the earth. I know some people say it isn’t happening but denial is part of our psyche. If Trump thinks he is having trouble with migration, economic, social or otherwise just wait until extreme heat & rising water levels force people to migrate. Anyway, it’s fun to discuss things on Ideapod in the meantime as we all go down the old tube to oblivion!!! Personally, I hate to think of all the things I’ve done to help others, tried to do the right thing & now find out it was a complete waste of time since there isn’t any afterlife!!!