Rudá Iandê explains the 6 key steps to living an authentic life

(Rudá Iandé) #1

Read the full article here: https://ideapod.com/authenticity-key-steps/

Authenticity. What does this word mean to you?

Is it even something our modern culture puts any importance in? How can we recognize authenticity in a world where we cannot even identify what is the truth and what is not?

(ACD) #2

I am mistrustful of people who tell me that there is a key to a kingdom which is available through the purchase of a product. I hear sales pitch when I am told that someone has something I need if only I will prostrate myself. Remarkably, this is precisely what Jesus told the disciples:

As he was walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon who is called Peter, and his brother Andrew, casting a net into the sea; they were fishermen. He said to them, “Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.” At once they left their nets and followed him. He walked along from there and saw two other brothers, James, the son of Zebedee, and his brother John. They were in a boat, with their father Zebedee, mending their nets. He called them, and immediately they left their boat and their father and followed him. (Matthew 4:18–22)

(system) #3

(Bill Ames) #4

I cannot be critical of these thoughts, in fact I do not understand a lot that is said, words that seem to be used differently or words that I do not recall a specific meaning. I will say the Grammarly seems to have strong opinions about it. What is reassuring is we know the target demographic for these words, I believe that Ideapod is a place where the people most in need of this wisdom will be found. I would like to see some analysis of the message to see how it might be used as a programming specification for our new AI children. Sometimes we see true wisdom but do not understand what we see, that is a problem that needs to be addressed.

(Phyllida Acworth) #5

When I got to a certain point in the article I thought you were saying I should stop filtering my thoughts and just say exactly what I think and that sounded dangerous. I felt a bit reassured that you went on to say the authentic self was intelligent and could be trusted. I am not particularly good at office politics and often do call a spade a spade where other people would find a more polite and politically correct thing to say. If I think someone is incompetent I will generally go on about it to anyone who will listen. That is not necessarily wise but it probably is authentically me. Should I just accept that or try to change?

(ACD) #6

How can we possibly know this?

(Bill Ames) #7

By looking at the target demographics. This is demonstrated by the type of material that is featured on Ideapod. Often this material asks the audience how poorly they think of themselves, of their lot in life, what purpose they may have. When I was born there were a lot of people like this but they were still in grade school or high school. Today a good percentage of the population represents a failure of education, so many that have not learned to think. Perhaps in the 25 to 50 age group. These people really need help. Look at the world they live in, so easily offended, everything must be politically correct, so many new rules to follow, many new genders to consider. They truly have no place to go for help except they can find it here. If they read (and understand the articles), participate in the educational groups they will meet people that are examples of what is possible with a dedicate way of life.

(ACD) #8

Ruda says we think too much.

(Bill Ames) #9

From Ruda at the start of the article.

As you can see he has access to the truth so what you say he says must be true. The people here looking for help will be very well served by having access to the truth. A very rare commodity in the civilized world today.

(ACD) #10

How can we possibly know this to be true?

(Bill Ames) #11

He just said “The truth is…” and Justin would not promote anyone here on Ideapod that did not speak the truth. Ideapod speaks very highly of Rudá Iandê and he is featured in many posts. It is very important that those who come to Ideapod for help can be assured they will hear the truth when reading or participating in Ideapod content.

(ACD) #12

This is preposterous sychophantic anti-knowledge.

(Justin Brown) #13

@acd, it’s interesting to interpret @Ruda’s article and Ideapod’s role in promoting it as at attempt to sell access to “the truth”. It’s also interesting to see you quote the scriptures, which is more directly an attempt provide the keys to some kind of mythical kingdom… You seem to be equating Out of the Box with religion… I see it very differently.

Out of the Box - a new online course in the self-improvement space - doesn’t provide the “keys to the kingdom” and the “truth” about reality, our universe, human beings or anything like this.

It’s a framework or methodology for with a set of lessons, tools and challenges that is designed to inspire people who want to create some kind of change in their lives. Tens of people have already taken Out of the Box and the feedback has been very positive. I don’t think any of these people would see @Ruda as their guru. They may find themselves inspired by his teachings, which is the category I put myself in. But I’m inspired by these teachings in the same way I’m inspired by a lot of what people like Alan Watts and Noam Chomsky share.

@BillAmes the statement “the truth is” should be seen as a rhetorical device to persuade someone with the proposition being advanced in the article. Ideapod publishes opinion-driven perspectives (backed up with arguments, examples, research where appropriate). Ideapod is simply a platform for publishing various perspectives. If the perspectives are well-written and backed up with argument, we’ll publish it. So in this sense, “Justin would not promote anyone here on Ideapod that did not speak the truth” is indeed quite a ridiculous statement (though I’m sure you mean well when you say this).

(ACD) #14

This view is consistent with modern secularism, one which I reject as a dersertified form of scientism.

(Justin Brown) #15

Would you mind explaining what you mean, breaking it down a little further so that myself and others reading it can better understand? I don’t know what you mean by “dersertified” and “scientism” and would value more explanation about why you view this as consistent with modern secularism.

(ACD) #16

By scientism, I mean idolization of science as the only valid paradigm for investigation of truth. I feel that a trend in this direction has made a desert of the comparatively lush civilization which characterized, for example, Byzantium, Bharat, the al-Andalus Umayyad caliphate, or the Han dynasty. We know very little as scientists, even if that little is remarkably helpful. Knowledge informed by the spirit is comparatively vast. The literature, poetry, music, and art which takes love as its point of departure is a bottomless well, the depths of which we can fathom at will for eternity. Some feel the same about science and I agree up to a point, though the aesthetic quality of the former, for me, is far richer than that of the latter.

(Bill Ames) #17

When I read I first get the words, the literal meaning of the words and depending on the order of the words create a mental image of what this combination means. If I find words that are not clearly defined (I do look many up) I may find that the sentence lacks enough clarity to have meaning. Many people in this world when they do not understand what they are reading will apply some internally generated meaning, they think they know what they just read. It may or may not be what the author intended. If you watch cat videos on the web and ask people to tell you what the cats are thinking or feeling as they do their actions. You may get some interesting ideas but no one knows. Now, take some humanity as they do things and we see that we have many people offering deep insight into what the people are thinking and why they acty as they do. Humans are a lot more complicated than cats so it is a good chance the human experts are really just offering their opinions, not science. Because what is posted on Ideapod is statistically more likely to be true rather than false I believe Justin has provided a lot of truth. If it is difficult to apply the many truths that is a human problem, not an Ideapod limitation. One of my hopes is to find more people like me here, we do seem to get a lot of interesting people. Perhaps I might find some in their 70s who can talk about things like “what is Gods reason for creating the universe?” or “God made a lot of people (probably a universe full), why?”

(ACD) #18

Please publish the statistics to which you refer.

(Bill Ames) #19

(ACD) #20

“… Bella DePaulo, Ph.D., a psychologist at the University of Virginia, confirms Nietzche’s assertion that the lie is a condition of life…The ubiquity of lying is clearly a problem, but would we want to will away all of our lies? Let’s be honest.”

@BillAmes

Is this how you see it?