Technology is destroying the most important asset in your life

If we eliminate all the other possibilities the one that remains, regardless of how improbable, must be true.

This is the opposite of a religious attitude. If we do not know, we do not know. We do not know all possibilities. We do not know.

We do not know how gravity works but we have no doubt that it will always work. Religion either exists or no exist. We may have our beliefs but we can not test our beliefs as we can test gravity. However we can know that religion exists because we have seen examples of something existing that we can not explain otherwise. Now, if we do find an explanation it is likely we will find something else needing a reason. A lot of people might be able to ponder where life originated but not many will be able to ponder this, from wiki, " As it turns out, it takes 26 dimensionless constants to describe the Universe as simply and completely as possible, which is quite a small number, but not necessarily as small as we like."

Religion exists. It is not an explanation.

“Religion exists. It is not an explanation.”

Is it a reason?

Religion is an attitude: a humble attitude (we have no understanding of the mystery) on the part of the created (humans and everything else) is appropriate with respect to the creator (the first cause, unmoved mover). This is a religious (faith-based) attitude.

From the perspective of a religious source, it exists, not an attitude, it is real, probably the reason we are discussing religion. You may have it as an attitude in your mind, that is ok, in the end you will not be disappointed. I have a concept of how everything began, it is in my screenplay and it explains a lot so I am satisfied but it meets scientific tests. My concept that is.

I do not think that the purpose of religion is to provide an origin of life explanation. I think it is born out of a belief in the mystery of life which, I maintain, is an attitude rather than a reason.

I agree, religion has a more focused purpose. However, because it is available as an explanation for, and the only explanation for the origin of life, either here or planted by other races, it is guilty by default. People may have a feeling, attitude, about religion, but that is not a cause, just a probability.

Hong Kong is the bellweather for guaging the progress of China’s repression.

<<Edward Snowden said Thursday that people in systems of power have exploited the human desire to connect in order to create systems of mass surveillance… Right now, he said, humanity is in a sort of “atomic moment” in the field of computer science. “We’re in the midst of the greatest redistribution of power since the Industrial Revolution, and this is happening because technology has provided a new capability,” Snowden said. “It’s related to influence that reaches everyone in every place,” he said. “It has no regard for borders. Its reach is unlimited, if you will, but its safeguards are not.”>>