What does The New Story mean to you

Explore and question the #senseof being in this liminality betwixt and between the old story of separation and the new story of #interbeing.

The more beautiful world our hearts know is possible

On the new story steeped in empathy by Daniel Christen Whal and others…

“This world, in which we are born and take our being, is alive. It is not our supply house and sewer; it is our larger body. The intelligence that evolved us from stardust and interconnects us with all beings is sufficient for the healing of our Earth community, if we but align with that purpose. Our true nature is far more ancient and encompassing than the separate self defined by habit and society. We are as intrinsic to our living world as the rivers and trees, woven of the same intricate flows of matter/energy and mind. Having evolved us into self-reflexive consciousness, the world can now know itself through us, behold its own majesty, tell its own stories — and also respond to its own suffering.” -Joanna Macy and Chris Johnstone (2012)

https://medium.com/activate-the-future/collaboration-and-empathy-as-evolutionary-success-stories-4e7cfd12e5c8

Transitioning from absencing to presencing…

Perspectives from Otto Scharmer
Senior Lecturer, MIT
Co-founder, Presencing Institute. www.ottoscharmer.com

Exploring the #senseof story…

On ancestors, imagination and nature…

“We are stepping into the ‘story of interbeing’. This story invites us to ask deeper questions: who am I? What makes me come fully alive? What are the deeper needs underlying my perceived needs? What story do I chose to stand in? Who is my community? What is my role? How can I contribute to a more joyful, co-creative, and meaningful world?

“Amid all the doom-laden exhortations to change our ways, let us remember that we are striving to create a more beautiful world, and not sustain, with growing sacrifice, the current one. We are not just seeking to survive. We are not just facing doom; we are facing a glorious possibility. We are offering people not a world of less, not a world of sacrifice, not a world where you are just going to have to enjoy less and suffer more — no, we are offering a world of more beauty, more joy, more connection, more love, more fulfilment, more exuberance, more leisure, more music, more dancing, and more celebration. The most inspiring glimpses you’ve ever had about what life can be — that is what we are offering.”

• Charles Eisenstein (2013: MBW 159)

Joanna Macy on the Great Turning…

“The most remarkable feature of this historical moment on Earth,” says Joanna, “Is not that we are on the way to destroying the world — we’ve actually been on the way for quite a while. It is that we are beginning to wake up, as from a millennia-long sleep, to a whole new relationship to our world, to ourselves and each other.

We imagine they’ll look back at us," Joanna says, referring to future generations, "Living in these early years of the third millennium, and say, ‘Oh, those ancestors. They were taking part in the Great Turning.’”

http://www.joannamacyfilm.org/

"Humanity is at a crisis point. All around us we see signs of instability, chaos, collapse and divison. Most people blame certain political parties or individual politicians, but I think Einstein was right, our problems are a result of our limited and compartmentalized ways of thinking…

In many tribal traditions the imagination (visual thinking) informed by the heart (compassion) is the primary mode of reasoning, the basis by which wisdom is generated and shared. Unfortunately, in modern societies much of the information we have been taught in schools has been separated and divided up, compartmentalized.

As such our visual understandings do not accurately represent the connections between phenomena. In a sense, “civilized” people’s minds have become ignorant- we’ve ignored- the interdependent nature of reality as it actually exists. We’ve developed methods of logic and reasoning based on fixed compartments and dualistic comparisons that make it very difficult for us to understand how the world actually works."

~Christopher Chase

‘Humanity’s Phase Shift’, Daniel Schmachtenberger

Introducing the new story with Charles Eisenstein…

Video by Chris and Dawn Agnos of Sustainable Human