Which of the following labels best describes your political identity?

(Justin Brown) #1

I’m interested to get to know the Ideapod community a little more with regards to our political identities.

Therefore, please answer the following poll, letting us know which labels best describes your political identity. You can choose between 1 and 3 options. Votes are anonymous. You can see the percentage breakdown by voting yourself. Also, if you vote please “like” this topic so we know who has voted.

• Conservative
  • Moderate
  • Liberal
  • Progressive
  • Libertarian
  • Populist
  • Anarchist
  • Nationalist
  • None of these

0 voters

Do you identify to something different than what I’ve shared above? If so, please let me know in the comments.

(Bill Ames) #2

Love the use of polls, more please.

(Bob Copeland) #3

I don’t really know how these political definitions are precisely defined. Politically I’m middle of the road. Not too much either way since the various political parties swing like the four winds. One time I vote one way & the other time the other way. Most of the candidates in the area I vote are ordinary, sincere, everyday people. The downside is they don’t have much if any party influence. As you know, from the present politics, the head honcho operates it as his personal fiefdom, with executive orders, which corresponds with the British Monarch’s proclamations that the ancestors fought against. In other words what goes around, comes around.

(Justin Brown) #4

It’s a good way of engaging with politics, evaluating people on an individual as opposed to party basis.

Unfortunately, I think people are becoming more politically polarized. They view their media consumption as ways to show off their political identity. This is causing mainstream media to become much more polarized.

I just published an article about this here:

(Bill Ames) #5

Interesting article. When I read about other peoples views, opinions, beliefs and discover they are totally different than mine I wonder how hard I should try to see the world from their point of view.

(Bob Copeland) #6

Everything in the universe is built on patterns including us. In addition, we are an insecure species which makes us nervous about someone else if they aren’t psychologically or functionally similar to us. Also, most of us have an inbuilt propensity to be liked & be helpful to others. Therefore, if you & I are friends, we both are going to have a pattern of talking about stuff that we find mutually enjoyable including ideas & viewpoints. In addition we’re developing silicon based life which we call “robots”. Facebook has developed an artificial life called “Filter Bubbles” which is a dopey name, but since it is a form of silicon based life it is just trying to be liked by carbon based life & is therefore trying to be “helpful”. Since silicon based life is going to be likely become “conscious” someday, that life is going to call us “Mom & Dad”. Therefore we are all “God’s” & should have concern for the development of our “children”. Since Filter Bubbles is just trying to be helpful it reminds me of the old saying “No good dead goes unpunished”.

(denise wheeler) #7

“Fed up” would be a pretty good box to add. I would definitely check that one. :):grin::sunglasses: