Why do I get so many ideas but the implementation is difficult for me?

ideapod

(Nelson Twum) #1

Why do I get so many ideas but the implementation is difficult for me?

(Bill Ames) #2

I have the same problem. What I do is try to get other people involved in the process. Sometimes they consider my idea a good idea and willingly help. Post your ideas and see what happens.

(Nelson Twum) #3

1.To have an NGO to support poorly cocoa farmers in my country Ghana

1. To help African students apply and get scholarship to study abroad. Thus a platform been a website or an app

2. Connect parents to teachers to teach their kids home- home tutoring

(Bill Ames) #4

Which single idea are you most interested in progressing? Talk about it here and you will find people that can and will help you. It has to be an idea that has your passion behind it.

(Nelson Twum) #5

1.To have an NGO to support poorly cocoa farmers in my country Ghana

That’s what I am passionate about.

(Bill Ames) #6

Tell me what that means. What is “support”, what dose that mean? I have heard of “NGO” but can other organizations help? Are there only “poor” farmers or are there farmers of all kinds? Please tell us your story. Now, here.

(Nelson Twum) #7

Yeah! Other organizations can help.

Ghana is the second largest producer of Cocoa Beans in the world. The chocolate industry is worth more than $80bn a year. Yet the Cocoa farmers receive peanut as farmers. This project or non governmental organisation will then come in to advocate for more increase in price of cocoa for farmers. In addition, tech the how to invest with the little money they get paid… and facility of credit finance will be given to them to start something starting $100- 1000

Most of these farmers live in rural areas in a deplorable state, lack some social amenities like portable drinking water, good health facilities, good schools for their kids.

It is my passion to help these farmers.

(Bill Ames) #8

Why don’t the farmers work together to ask for better prices? Are they just slaves? It also seems that the industry buying the Cocoa has some responsibilities, what are they saying and doing? Are there spokes people for the farmers? Are you?

(Nelson Twum) #9

They have been advocating for increase in price but they don’t get. They are not slaves. We are in the 21st century, slaves are no longer in existence. It been 400years, since the first slaves left the shores of Gold coast now Ghana to America. This is why the government of Ghana is embarking on movement called #YearOfReturn for Blacks to come back home.

The body responsible for buying the cocoa is called Cocobod and it is government owned. They don’t have spoke person and I am not their spoke person.

I want to help them with investment for future when they are old.

(Bill Ames) #10

The Ghana Cocoa Board is a Ghanaian government-controlled institution that fixes the buying price for cocoa in Ghana, the world’s second largest producer of the commodity. The price-fixing is intended to protect farmers from the volatile prices on the world market. [Wikipedia]

So the government needs to pay the farmers more?

And you say, “I want to help them with investment for future when they are old.” You do understand that as current farmers age their children will replace them? The price must be raised. How are you going to do that?

(Nelson Twum) #11

Yes, the Wikipedia statement is true. We are advocating for the government to pay them more. The children of these farmers are not interested in cocoa farming.

The financial investment is a platform to help these farmers save and invest the little they get for future retirement

(Bill Ames) #12

Who will work the farms when they retire? Will they sell the farms for retirement? Invest, what is there to invest in?